Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme host by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic isTop Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015
- Elle Kennedy & Kristen Callihan: I’m cheating and putting them together. I read their stuff they wrote separate as well as the book they wrote together.)
- Lisa Kleypas: I read her Travis series and now have a ton of backlist I need to catch up on!
- Gail Carriger: Currently reading her YA series and now I want to read everything she has written!
- Mariana Zapata: I lovedddd Kulti and cannot wait to read her other books.
- David Arnold: Hello I need another David Arnold book now please.
- Becky Albertalli: See above.
- Caisey Quinn: I binged her Neon Dreams series and now I need to work on her backlist!
- Jennifer Lynn Barnes: I devoured The Fixer and have heard nothing but amazing things about her Naturals series.
- Dahlia Adler: I read her NA Last Will and Testament, (im)patiently waiting for the second one!
- Jamie Shaw: I like reading about rockstars and she writes some good ones.
Honorable mention: Brighton Walsh, I hadn’t realized I read a novella of hers last year! I did however read (and love) her books for the first time this year.
1. Adam Silvera: More Happy Than Not is everything to me, and despite what Goodreads says I’ve read it twice so far in 2015.
2. Sarah J. Maas: Katie pushed the Throne of Glass books on me, but it wasn’t until another book friend actually sent it to me that I finally took the plunge! I’m almost caught up with the series 😉
3. Victoria Aveyard: I’ve never read more fantasy than I have in 2015, and I have both Victoria and Sarah to thank for that because Red Queen and ToG are something special.
4. Ginger Scott: Her book Wild Reckless is set in the town I’m living in now, so how could I not read it? Turns out, I fell in love.
5. Becky Albertalli: Another genre I frequented this year was Gay YA, and I am never turning back. Simon has A LOT to do with that.
6. Nicola Yoon: Everything Everything… enough said.
7. David Arnold: Because it’s refreshing to have a story that lacks romance.
8. Alex London: He gets me.
9. Noelle Stevenson: I’m thinking more graphic novels need to be in my future, and I only have her to blame.
10. Rae Carson: because RAE CARSON!