Good morning friends! Today I bring you a mini interview from one of my favorite authors in this big old book world; Adam Silvera! I know you all already know him, but for those new to the book world I’ll give you the 4-1-1. Last year a little debut novel called More Happy Than Not came in like a wrecking ball and destroyed readers everywhere… I’m not even kidding. But in the best kind of way of course because us book nerds are total masochists and any book that is ripping our hearts out and causing us to drown in our own tears is pretty much a guaranteed five star review. I’m not alone in this… right?
Any who. So Adam popped up on my radar because of one of my other favorite humans, Margot Wood from Epic Reads (who happens to be my bday twin today! Happy birthday Margot!), she had tweeted something awesome about Adam. I followed him on twitter and was so glad I did because not long after I won one of his twitter giveaways for an ARC for MHTN and then it all went downhill from there. Adam is an amazing human and I value every encounter with him greatly. So when I asked him if he would help me out for a post today, on my bday and during our 3-year blogoversary, I was way happier than not when he said yes to an interview! I won’t bore you anymore, I’ll give you what you came for, and don’t forget to enter the giveaway at the end!
Also, since it’s my birthday, please eat a piece of cake in my honor today. It’s my gift to you 😉
Q1: What is something you’re looking forward to readers experiencing in any of your upcoming books?
History Is All You Left Me (January 2017, Soho Teen) and They Both Die At The End (Fall 2017, HarperTeen) are two books I’m insanely proud of, and are complicated love stories between boys. It means a lot to me to produce more dude/dude stories since many didn’t appeal to me when I was young and coming out. The shelves are absolutely filling with more gay/bisexual stories now and it’s awesome to contribute to this.
Q2: You did an amazing job at writing a real world story with a hint of Sci-Fi with More Happy Than Not, do you have any plans to go full Sci-Fi in a future book?
Thank you! No plans for full Sci-Fi, but my third book, They Both Die At The End, is also very speculative. And I’m doing something outside my established wheelhouse for book 4 so let’s hope that works out! It’s a book I’ve wanted to write for years.
This or That?
1. Apple or Android? Apple.
2. Netflix or Hulu? Netflix.
3. BB-8 or R2-D2? BB-8.
4. Spotify or Pandora? Neither, really, because I’m not the biggest fan of the radio because I love listening to songs on repeat, but Pandora if I had to choose because I have zero experience with Spotify.
5. DC or Marvel? Marvel. Batman v. Superman was Not Great. And Daredevil is probably my favorite Marvel production at the moment.
1. Currently reading? Everyone We’ve Been by Sarah Everett, which More Happy fans may enjoy. It pubs in October.
2. Starbucks order? Passion fruit iced tea lemonade or blended strawberry lemonade. With a cookie. (I RARELY drink coffee.)
3. Favorite book so far this year? The Bunker Diary by Kevin Brooks. This book HAUNTS me.
4. Favorite pizza topping? BBQ chicken!
5. Current jam? Hamilton soundtrack, duh.
THANKS ADAM! I hope y’all enjoyed that pure gold as much as I did. And show of hands for who else is totally pumped for History Is All You Left Me and They Both Die At The End (even though I’m pretty certain I’m going to be the one dying at the end… but that brings us back to our masochist chat above.)
Now it’s giveaway time. You guys, you don’t even know how jealous I am of the person that wins
this giveaway. Not only did I hand pick some things that I thought would compliment the book well, but this copy of More Happy Than Not
is insanely special. It’s not just an average signed copy, but it’s an epic signed copy. I’m purposely not including pics of whats inside because it’s just too good of a surprise for the winner. It’s better than getting your favorite gift on Christmas. Trust me! But I’ll share this pic for proof that there’s something spectacular inside this book.
So what’s included in the giveaway? Well:
- The epic super exclusive signed copy of More Happy Than Not
- Smiley and sad face buttons from MovementButtons
- An adorable whale tissue holder from FiveLittleStitches (trust me, you’ll need tissues)
- And a BB-8 magnetic bookmark and cute little Harry Potter stickers from BeedooTO
To enter, just click the pic below and good luck! Don’t forget to check out our many other giveaways on the blog this month and stay tuned for more!
Thank you again to Adam Silvera, you are quite the peach my friend ❤