Welcome to day 2 of Rachel over at Beauty and the Bookshelf brain child known as BLOGGING EXTRAVAGANZA!! Rachel noticed that a bunch of us bloggers were feeling like we were in a slump so she put together this great little challenge to help get us out! Head over to Rachel’s intro post to find out more about it and see if would work for you! Seriously it’s low stress and just meant to be fun!! For today’s festivities we have Bookish Things You’d Give a Kidney For!
“March 10 is World Kidney Day, and people always talk about giving a kidney for something. SO. What bookish things would you give a kidney for? It doesn’t have to be physical objects–get creative! It could be a new book from a favorite author or a ship setting sail or getting an epilogue–the possibilities are endless.” (from Beauty and the Bookshelf)
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas – First off THAT TITLE!!! WHY IS SEPTEMBER SO FAR AWAY!!!! Apollycon weekend Sarah shared this photo of her working on TOG5 edits. I joked with her that I was going to break into her hotel room. She said she was so paranoid that she locked her laptop in her safe. We laughed and I looked her in the eyes, deadpan and said I was serious and we are no longer friends because I got arrested for breaking and entering. Kidding, kidding but she really did tell me she locked her laptop in a safe.
- Roar by Cora Carmack – Cora is one of my all time favorite authors and I cannot wait to read her YA!! Cora writes books that she wants to read which to me translates to an amazing story. She wanted more YA fantasy with tons of romance, so she wrote it. Since I know my good friend Mary from Mary Had a Little Book Blog has a bound manuscript of this, I am now planning my heist to travel to Texas and obtain said book.
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer – I love, love, love The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer and cannot wait to read more from her. I know her next planned series is about Superheroes but her first standalone is Heartless!! Since I know ARCs exist, I am now planning my trip to Fierce Reads headquarters to swindle my favorite publicists for a copy.
This was suppose to be about trading a kidney but it turned into “what crime would you commit for a copy of this book”.
- Kate Spade Typewriter Bag – This isn’t even sold by Kate Spade anymore but it is so so so so cute!!! There a few available for re-sale but like I would have to sell a Kidney to afford it 😉
- Have a personal library that requires a ladder – The day where I finally buy a home for myself, I want a space for a library. I already have books across 3 different shelves and rooms. One day I will have a space where all my books can live together!