Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme host by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read!!
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas -I think this is the number book I’ve heard people say YOU NEED TO READ that I haven’t read. I hear it’s twisty and shocking and OMG-worthy. There really is no reason for this book to be on my TBR still.
- Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan – I am still making my way through the Percy Jackson series and I won’t let myself start this series until I’m done no matter how much I want to skip right to this series. Almost everyone tells me this series is better and I am really like PJO so can only hope to love Heroes of Olympus.
- Feed by Mira Grant – No one has specifically told me to read this book/series but I have seen people flailing about it on Twitter. I have also seen people demand everyone read this book. I have it on my shelf! I want to read it but it has yet to fit into my reading schedule.
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson – I have checked this book out from the library twice and never got around to actually reading it. I have heard nothing but amazing things and have been told by more than one person that I need to read it…
- Four by Veronica Roth – I am putting this here because I know Kylie KEEPS telling me to read (and I will, I swear!)
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins – I can barely tell people that I haven’t read these books without getting yelled at and a hefty dose of stink eye to follow. But I think that’s part of the reason I haven’t read them, and it doesn’t help that I had someone who told me just about EVERYTHING that happens. AND I’ve heard book Gale isn’t as desirable as movie Gale… And I LOVE movie Gale. So I’m just not sure I’ll ever get to these books, even though I own them.
- The Harry Potter Series – It’s pretty much the same thing going on with The Hunger Games except I did read book 1 & 2 waaaaaaaaay back when they first came out and I just didn’t like them. Someone (hint: Katie) keeps telling me I need to read them cause I might feel differently now, and I will. It’s just there’s 7 thick books and I would have to devote a lot of time to that when my TBR pile of books I do want to read is looming over me.
- Anything written by John Green – I have read The Fault in Our Stars and I did enjoy it. I started reading Looking For Alaska and I didn’t so much enjoy it. But when I, or most bookish people I talk to, brings up John Green they’re like “OMG READ ALL THE JG BOOK” and I don’t deny that he’s a great writer, but chill. I’m sure I’ll get to then at my own pace.
- The Selection Series by Kiera Cass – I have so many twitter friends that are falling all over themselves obsessed with this series, and I will read it. It’s just one of those instances that I want to buy them all at once, and in hardcover, so I can just devour them right in a row. But I don’t have a money tree. So. Yeah.
- Legend by Marie Lu – I see nothing but amazing praise for this book, and it is on my YallFest TBR pile so I will be reading it before November. I’m quite excited, but also nervous. It’s always the worst when you hear such amazing things but then you finish and you’re like “that’s it”. Hype can be a dangerous thing people. Use it wisely ;p