Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme host by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten books I’m not sure I want to read!
- Bumped by Megan McCafferty – I read and loved McCafferty’s other series Jessica Darling (Sloppy Firsts). I’ve had Bumped on my TBR and my shelf for some time now but I’ve never heard anyone say anything positive about this book. Still undecided about reading this one.
- The Death Cure by James Dashner – I read The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials about 2 years ago and I haven’t gotten around to The Death Cure. I wasn’t in love with the first two books and I have heard the last book isn’t even that good. I feel like I will read this eventually but not in any kind of rush.
- The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling – I picked this up on release day and managed to read up to about 50%. It’s not that I wasn’t enjoying it but it wasn’t what I was expecting. I put it on hold and have never got around to picking it back up.
- Beautiful Darkness, Beautiful Chaos, Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl – I read book 1 and thought it was OK, nothing amazing but nothing to complain about. I like to think I will pick these up since I hear the series gets really good but book 2 is also a drag. I just have to be prepared.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – I’ve wanted to read this book for some time now and I’ve gotten it from the library 3 different times but never been able to start it. I think when I’m finally put into a time crunch to read before the movie I might be able to defeat it otherwise I may never know the ending.
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson – This is a book that sits on my shelf and burns a hole right through me. I’ve picked it up and put it down more times than I can count and it makes me sad. BUT the style and writing just goes way over my head. Heavy YA reading will do that I guess…
- Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast – I have a couple of these books in the A House of Night series, but I’ve heard nothing but bad things from friends. It kind of worries me and I want to just follow through and make my own opinion, but at the same time I’m like, eh.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead – Please don’t hurt me… I just, I don’t know. I will read this series someday I double pinky swear, but I just don’t have the motivation to. Partly because I liked the movie, but I also thought the concept was blah. If that makes sense. I guess I just need to be in the mood for vampires lately. Since True Blood is ending (*sniff sniff*) this year maybe I’ll have a vamp craving.
- The Death Cure by James Dashner – I’m with Katie on this one. But I absolutely loved The Maze Runner, however I’m not so keen on The Scorch Trials even though I haven’t finished it. Plus I saw a spoiler about my fave character and it made me mad. So there’s that. I will finish the series eventually.
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman – I really enjoyed If I Stay, but I don’t know. There’s just nothing compelling about this one. I was fine with the ending of If I Stay. But I will read it. It’s on my YallFest TBR list after all.