Get Even (Don’t Get Mad #1) by Gretchen McNeil
Expected publication: September 16th 2014 by Balzer & Bray
The Breakfast Club meets Pretty Little Liars in Gretchen McNeil’s witty and suspenseful novel about four disparate girls who join forces to take revenge on high school bullies and create dangerous enemies for themselves in the process.
Bree, Olivia, Kitty, and Margot have nothing in common—at least that’s what they’d like the students and administrators of their elite private school to think. The girls have different goals, different friends, and different lives, but they share one very big secret: They’re all members of Don’t Get Mad, a secret society that anonymously takes revenge on the school’s bullies, mean girls, and tyrannical teachers.
When their latest target ends up dead with a blood-soaked “DGM” card in his hands, the girls realize that they’re not as anonymous as they thought—and that someone now wants revenge on them. Soon the clues are piling up, the police are closing in . . . and everyone has something to lose.
So book 1 ends in a bit of a cliffhanger…and in order to get the word out about Gretchen’s first-ever series, and as a thank you, she’s gotten permission to release the first two chapters of GET DIRTY on September 16th. Why two chapters? Because a huge, massive, game-changing plot twist is dropped in the very last line of Chapter 2. The chapters will be printed up in a signed, special edition booklet, along some GET EVEN bonus material and a signed Don’t Get Mad bookplate. “Gretchen, how can I get my hands on all this awesomeness?” Easy! Pre-order GET EVEN.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
(1) Pre-order GET EVEN in paperback, ebook, or audio format from your favorite chain, independent, or online retailer, such as:
(2) Submit proof of purchase (email, scan, photo, etc. of your receipt) email@example.com, along with a valid mailing address. Alternately, you can pre-order from one of the participating bookstores listed below and pick up your booklet from them on release day! Note: if you have already submitting proof of purchase for a previous giveaway, you must do so again.
(3) On September 16, 2014, you will be mailed/pick up a signed, special edition booklet containing the first two (2) chapters of GET DIRTY, which does not go on sale until June 2015, along with bonus content for GET EVEN and a signed Don’t Get Mad bookplate.
(4) Submissions for the giveaway close September 15, 2014 at 11:59pm PST.
– You Must be 13+ to enter.
– One Entry Per Pre-Order Proof of Purchase.
– Open to U.S. and Canada residents only, but participating bookstores will ship internationally!
For ALL the details, participating bookstores and more check out Gretchen’s post!!
OMG I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK. Breakfast club? SIGN ME UP! I think Gretchen is a master at writing YA horror/suspense and this sounds so so so so so good. Plus how awesome is this pre-order giveaway?? I am slightly bummed it is a direct to paperback release since ALL MY OTHER GRETCHEN BOOKS ARE HARDCOVER. That’s a problem that’s my own though! I recommend picking up ANY of Gretchen’s books and know I am going to be pre-ordering this one myself!