Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme host by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite TV Shows!!
- The Office – This is my go to show for everything. I hit a reading slump? Binge a season or two. Too lazy to go through Netflix for something new and exciting? Put on a random episode of The Office. This show has made me laugh and cry more than any other show and it will always be one of my favorites. Also props for the most uncomfortable episode of any TV show ever. I’ll love you forever if you can guess which episode.
- One Tree Hill – One of the first shows I started watching religiously right there with The O.C. Luckily they fell on different nights until season 4 of The O.C. and I made the executive decision to drop The O.C. and stick with One Tree Hill and I have never regretted that choice. Keep in mind this happen before DVR was a thing (or at least a thing I had..I recorded on VHS tapes!)
- Breaking Bad – This might be one of the most brilliant shows of this decade. This show is both plot and character driven is the most beautifully twisted way possible. Walt’s transformation from episode one is so incredibly fascinating.
- Arrow – A show full of beautiful men…I mean great uh people. This show has everything I love from superheros and explosions to complex characters and one of the best ships on TV (DON’T SINK MY SHIP CW). Also I am SO excited for the spin off Flash because Barry is the cutest.
- Chicago Fire/Chicago P.D. – I might me slightly cheating on this one but I don’t think you should watch one without the other. This show is another show full of gorgeous men set in my gorgeous city. The plot ALWAYS has me on the edge and this show might hold the record for the show that made me cry the earliest. I think it was episode 4 or 5 of season 1 that I was bawling like a baby.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer – I may have been only 8 years old in 1997, but I still remember watching the pilot episode and falling in love. I was even in a Buffy fan club – which everything was done via snail mail since internet wasn’t really a thing… sorry my age is showing. Buffy is everything to me. You can imagine my excitement when Netflix uploaded the entire series. I didn’t leave my apartment for a week (other than work because… money). I love love love it. Which makes my next one slightly awkward.
- True Blood – I apparently love vampires just as much as I adore watching the slayer dust vamps. It’s a weird situation, but True Blood is a serious addiction. Even though I absolutely love it, and I’m on the internet all the time, it somehow slipped passed me that this current season was the last. I’m wrecked. If it ends badly I might actually dig a hole and live in it for several weeks while I recover.
- The O.C. – Ahh my first teen drama. Seth was totally my dream boyfriend and one year I even tried to convince my parents that Chrismukkah should be something we celebrated (my step-father’s step-mother was Jewish). I still have every season soundtrack packed away somewhere, including the Chrismukkah album, and I love to pull them out once in awhile and jam out.
- Parks and Recreation – Leslie Knope is my spirit animal and I strive daily to be April Ludgate even though I realize I will never be as cool as her. I have a love for Chris Pratt that I’m not afraid to shout from the rooftops and his character Andy is just the absolute best thing ever. Ben Wyatt… I can’t even talk about my love for him without getting misty-eyed because he’s perf and Leslie and Ben together is what marriage is! THEY ARE THE BEST! I love this show. Please don’t ever end… (shh I know it will this year but I’m trying to pretend it won’t).
- Adventure Time – Yes I am an adult, and yes I do make remarks about my “old” age a lot but I can’t help that I am in love with a crazy boy named Finn and a magical talking dog named Jake. The Land of Ooo is my happy place and if I could have a real live BMO I would be the happiest person alive.