January has been an AMAZING reading month for me. I not only read a lot, most of them were books I enjoyed!
- I read a total of 17 books this month! I think that is a good start to my yearly goal of 150, gives me room in case a slack off at all.
- Of these books, 6 were 5 stars, 9 were 4 stars and the last 2 were 3 stars. Not too bad!
- The most popular review I wrote this month was Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris. I also did a recap/mini reviews on 3 of the books I read.
- My favorite book of the month would be a tie between Winger by Andrew Smith and Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.
Other things on the Blog
- Ransom Riggs came to Anderson’s and I wrote up an event recap about how wonderful the experience was.
- One of the less stressful, low pressure reading challenges I am working on this year is the A-Z challenge. Check out what I am planning on reading for that!
- My most popular Top Ten Tuesday was Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist. I am still lusting after a few of these.
Favorite Non-Book related things
- I am OBSESSED with the Frozen soundtrack. I have it on replay like it is no one’s business. Also this article on Frozen.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf for my 3DS. It has been awhile since I’ve been into a game as much as I’ve been into this game. It might have been Pokemon X.
- I started rewatching The Office for the umpteenth time. This show will never get old and it is perfect to put on while I’m cleaning.
Things I’m excited for in Febuary
- I cannot wait to get my hands on Split Second by Kasie West. I’m also planning on reading Fire & Flood, Faking Normal and The Winner’s Curse.
- My friend and I are planning on going out for Galentine’s Day. If you don’t know what that is you should watch more Parks & Recreation.
- There aren’t any exciting book signings/events in my area in Febuary, but there are plans to meet up with some of my book friends. We all know book friends are the best kind of friends.