Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme host by The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s TTT is Top Ten Worlds I’d Never Want To Live In. You could also do Top Ten Characters I’d NEVER Want To Trade Places With but I’ve read enough books that fit the bill where I would NOT want to live.
- Pawn by Aimme Carter – The ranking system in this book does not favor anyone. I would definitely struggle and probably end up a III…or lower.
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – I LOVE this book but everyone is so disconnected from reality. Plus it is really unsafe outside big cities.
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – Aliens are on earth and they have taken over human bodies. You don’t know if you are interacting with a person or alien, no thanks!
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken – If your a child you are either dead or in a “rehabilitation camp”.
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin – Life for women is totally twisted in this book. Not saying it is necessarily a bad life but I know I would not want to live there.
- Breathe by Sarah Crossan – You have to pay for oxygen since most of the air is too polluted to breathe. It is hard to do leisure activities if your not rich enough for extra oxygen.
- Matched by Ally Condie – This society made every choice for you (from your job to your significant other) and I would not be OK with that.
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner – Does being trapped in a maze sound appealing to anyone?
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – Does this one need an explanation? I hope not.
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi – The Aether is just all around trouble and I do not want to have to deal with it.