Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme host by The Broke and the Bookish
This week we’re picking our top ten books to read when you need something light and fun! The first part of this list is books/series that are light/fun and the second part is authors whose books I consider light/fun.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – This book does not need explanation. I swear this is the epitome of light/fun!
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot – A favorite of my childhood that I will pick up from time to time to feel nostalgia.
- The Selection by Kiera Cass – When I re-read this book this past month I realized how fun of a read it was! It definitely has a permanent spot atop my list when I’m looking for something fun.
- Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park – This is one of those fancy “New Adult” books but I seriously love it! It is not YA with sex but rather a story of girl figuring out life and love.
- Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer – Just some sweet, fluffy goodness.
- L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad – These books are seriously candy for me. Any fiction that Conrad writes is candy. I know they are not good for me but they are so much fun!
- Anything by Sophie Kinsella – She is known most for her Confessions of a Shopaholic series but ANYTHING from her is super fun. She can write an awesome series or a stellar stand alone.
- Anything by Meg Cabot – I will read anything with Meg Cabot’s name on it! I’ve read her YA and her adult along with her contemporary and her fantasy. She even has stand-alones and series. Her books fit any mood (particularly fun and light!)
- Anything by Emily Giffin – I love reading Something Borrowed when I am looking for something light/fun but her other novels are just as fun!
- Anything by Chelsea Handler – I laugh at almost everything this woman writes. If I need a good laugh I pick up her books.
Don’t forget to check out my event recaps from this past weekend! I got to meet Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy/Bloodlines) on Sunday and Lauren Oliver (Delirium), Lauren Morrill (Meant to Be), Lenore Appelhans (Level 2) on Thursday.