Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme host by The Broke and the Bookish
This weeks TTT is Top Ten Books I Thought I’d Like MORE/LESS Than I Did. Since I’m always scampering to find 10 books to complete my list I will be doing 5 of each! Onto the books
Top 5 Books I Thought I’d Like More…
1) Under The Never Sky – dystopian is my current go-to genre and I thought this would be another favorite on my list but it just didn’t wow me. I am really glad I gave book 2 (and the novella) a chance though because it actually really impressed me!
2) Tiger Lily – I loved Jodi Lynn Anderson’s Peaches books and thought that combining that with Peter Pan, what could go wrong? This book never caught my interest and I never felt connected with any characters.
3) When You Were Mine – I LOVE Shakespeare and I love contemporary YA fiction. I honestly thought I was going to love this story but I can tell you the ending did not please me because this book lacked major character development. Also many parts of the story felt forced and awkward for me.
4) Requiem – The only thing I can say about this finale is that it left me feeling empty.
5) Eve and Adam – I thought I was going to read this awesome adventure story involving cyborgs or robots but no. I actually thought one of the main characters was a robot for awhile because he lacked any real emotions.
…Top 5 Books I Thought I’d Like Less
1) Vampire Academy – I picked this series up on a whim and I was not expecting to fall in love with this series like I did. I think it had to do with that I had never heard much about it before I heard about Bloodlines.
2) Divergent – I read this before it became huge and quite frankly the only reason I picked it up was because it was set in Chicago. I didn’t have any expectations so naturally it blew me away!
3) The Crown of Embers – after hurting my heart in major ways in the first book, I didn’t think I would like (let alone love) book 2 but WOW WAS I WRONG. This book does not fall to the book 2 curse. It is a great addition to the series but it also has it own story.
4) Crash and Burn – the book starts out a bit slow but once it picked up I didn’t think I would like it as much as I did! This book is not just a story of a “hero” but how one boy struggles with everything that life throws at him.
5) Daughter of Smoke & Bone – I picked this book up solely for the cover and struggled through the beginning because it has some heavy fantasy that i wasn’t used to reading but this is a beautiful story!